Monday, March 26, 2012

Some new organization

I have been keeping my necklaces on a pile in the medicine cabinet. It has not been working to well. I have been thinking about what I can do to make them easier to get to and used more often. 



I finally decided that hanging the necklaces would be the easiest and best thing to do. I don’t have enough room in the medicine cabinet so I needed another place. I thought about using a wall but don’t want hairspray on them. We have a linen closet in our bathroom and I thought that the inside of the door would work great.



I used some Com.mand Ho.oks I already had (they are really for Christmas lights but didn’t work for what we wanted so I tried them here!). You can get them at Wal.mart.


I put them on the door and used the rectangles to space and line them up. (I did wait the hour it says on the package to be sure the hooks are set.)



Then I hung up the necklaces. Ta-Da!!




So far the only problem is  I forget they are there and fling the door open (then it makes a lot of noise). But I think that will get better in time! (There is also room for more!!!) 

Total cost: 0$ (but if you have to buy the hooks it will be lsee than 5$)
Time: 1 hour (but only because I had to wait the hour for things to be secure!)

under 10 1 hr 2012

3 comments:

burlap+blue said...

This is great!! Thanks for posting your fabulous idea! xo

Melissa said...

don't you love being able to see them hung up instead of in the pile? Great idea!

Honey I'm Home Blog said...

Great idea! Thank you for linking up on Fabulous Friday. By the way, I'm hosting a fun giveaway. You're invited to pop over & enter: http://michellelunt.blogspot.com/2012/04/fun-giveaway-and-thank-you-to-my.html

Warmly, Michelle