Monday, January 16, 2012

National Delurking Day

Well, I just found out that yesterday January 15 was National Delurking Day in the Blog world (who knew there even was such a thing- well I guess someone and I just didn’t get the email….)

And what kind of picture goes with that? A cat burglar type person sneaking about reading blogs? He doesn't seem quite right.
from google images


People with their faces blurred out? Also just not quite right.
from google images



Neither are that appealing...Maybe someone needs to do a button for it. . . any takers?

I know commenting is hard- I lurk LOTS of places. I don’t comment because . . . well usually, I don’t know what to say. (It is a sad excuse I know and I thought if it was smaller it would be less sad but it  isn't.)
I worry I will be misunderstood (since there are just words on a screen). I know what I meant but if someone doesn’t know me; something I say could be misunderstood and then there could be hurt feelings (not at all my intent). Or sometimes I don’t comment because “Great idea”  or "I feel the same way" just doesn’t seem like it says what I want said. But I LOVE getting comments- long ones, short ones, any kind. I bet most people are like me.  



So in honor of National Delurking Day (a bit late) I am going to make more of an effort to make a comment.  I’m thinking it might be a great way to get to know more blogging people and for them to get to know me! I'll add another goal to my list and start commenting!



Happy National Delurking Day!

No comments: