Monday, September 12, 2011

Happy Birthday Mom!

Me with my mom!
My mom had a birthday over the weekend!  I called her to wish her a happy birthday.  It took a couple tries because she was talking to someone else and we got to talk for a long time.

My mom got to be stay home mom for a long time. She was a teacher before I was born and went back to teaching when my youngest sister was about 6 or 7.  I remember her baking cookies and bread and being there when we got home.

Once I got into high school, my mom was still there to help with whatever I needed. She read and edited LOTS of papers for English classes!

Even now she is the first person I call when we have good news! She is a wonderful grandma for my brothers and sisters kids and I can’t wait for her to be a grandma to ours!

Happy Birthday Mom!

No comments: