Tuesday, September 6, 2011

New Recipe!


We tried another new recipe this weekend! Slow-Baked Mac and Cheese! It was wonderful (and super easy. I followed the recipe with a few changes- we didn’t put the bread crumbs on the top (it reminded Jake a bit too much of Tuna Casserole) and when the directions say wait until the butter is room temperature- they mean it. I was impatient and didn’t wait as long as it said and the cheese wasn’t as smooth as I was expecting.



We had the Mac and Cheese with steak (top sirloin) and green beans and it was very good. All the flavors went together very well.  I think the mac and cheese would also go with pork or chicken. We may try it with a different blend of cheeses next time!


Here's the link:
http://whiskandaprayer.blogspot.com/2010/08/magazinecookbook-monday-slow-baked-mac.html

Let me know if you try it!

No comments: