Monday, November 7, 2011

A Documentary

I got this information in an email today. I watched the trailer for the documentary Unlocking the Heart of Adoption. It looks interesting. The trailer shares sad stories on all sides of the triad. I don’t know how the whole documentary is but if nothing else it will make you think and spark some conversation. I try to remember that everyone involved with adoption has a different story and one adoptee’s story is only their story. Adoption has changed so much and these stories seem to be from a time before open adoption was the norm.

Here’s the information as it came to me.

 Unlocking the Heart of Adoption bridges the gap between birth and adoptive families through diverse personal stories of adoptees, birthparents and adoptive parents in same race and transracial adoptions revealing the enormous complexities in their lives with fascinating historical background.



To view the trailer, see what others have to say about Unlocking the Heart of Adoption and purchase the DVD go to: www.unlockingtheheart.com  And if you are on Facebook, please go to www.facebook.com/pages/Unlocking-the-heart-of-Adoption/10150113790230214?v=wall&ref=pdemand Like the page.  Thank you!

It will be on November 9 at 3pm EST on the documentary channel. I am hoping it will air again so I can see it.

No comments: