Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A New Project

I am working on cleaning out my closet. I found some counted cross stitch kits in a bag WAAAAYYYY in the back. Of course, looking through the bag was more fun than cleaning out the closet and so I found a new project to start. It is a Christmas project but it is so HOT here that looking at snowmen and thinking about winter will help cool us off!
Here's the package. It should look like this when I am done!
I got all my stuff together. The highlighter helps me keep my place. That is the hardest thing in a counted cross stitch pattern. If you lose your place, it will impact things down the road. Sometimes you can fix it but usually you have to pick things out. It is very frustrating and I have put projects aside for LONG periods of time because I messed up and can’t figure out how to fix it.
The kit has everything I need except the hoop, highlighter and scissors.  I usually separate the floss and put it on index cards but since I didn’t have any index cards I had to improvise. I found an empty Diet Coke box and cut that up. I taped around the fabric so it won’t fray while I am working on it.


I punched holes in the cardboard and wrote the color names by each hole.


I’m thinking that I can get this done by the end of the month!
Wish me luck!



No comments: