Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Back to School!

So the summer is pretty much over and the teachers are back to school. We are getting our classrooms ready and having meetings about schedules, policies and procedures.
I am glad to be going back to school but a little sad too. I really hoped we would have a child. Another teacher that I work with is also hoping to adopt. We share stories of others we know and things we have heard. (She has a greater connection to her agency than we do. They work only in North Carolina and have many picnics and things for their families. They are working with so many more in this area than our agency. While the support is nice, they are limited to adoption opportunities in North Carolina.) It is great to have someone else who understands and has the same worries and fears I do.  We both hoped that we would be able to adopt over the summer. I have started to make plans for being gone if we do get to adopt before school is out.
There have been a lot of changes at my school- teachers moving grades, teachers changing schools, new administrators, etc. The school focus last year was math. It will be interesting to see what it is this year. Change is hard but can be good. New people bring different experiences and may help us solve some of our continuing problems.
It should be a good year. Some things will be different and I can’t wait to see what the year will bring!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Hi I don't know you but we're in the same boat trying to adopt our third actually! I was teaching when we got our first little one. Two days before Christmas we got the call and the baby! They were able to hire someone to replace me over Christmas and my Kindergarteners came back to a new teacher! Hang in there- it ALWAYS happens when we least expect it!