Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Weekend

This weekend we went to see my niece Sarah be baptized. In the LDS church, children are baptized when they are 8years old. Read more about baptism here or here. Jake and I gave the prayers, my cousin Katie gave a talk about the reason for Baptism  and my mom gave the talk about the Holy Ghost.  Everything went very well.
My sister invited everyone over to her house for a late lunch. We had pulled pork sandwiches, fruit, potato salad, cole slaw and birthday cake. My sister’s house isn’t very big so I was a bit nervous about how everyone would fit in but it worked out great!  Everyone seemed to find a place to eat and people to talk to.
Luckily this isn't how it was!

We had a good visit with everyone. We got reacquainted with my sister’s husband’s sister, Diane. I had not seen her since they got married. Diane adopted a sibling group. The older two girls were in foster care and while Diane was their foster mother another sibling was born. It was an adventure to keep all three together. Diane and her husband persevered and were able to keep all three girls together and adopt them! It is funny how adoption keeps coming up!

No comments: