Thursday, August 4, 2011

Learning from others

I don’t like surprises. I like to know what is going to happen so I can be prepared.  In an effort to be prepared for the ups and downs of adoption I read lots of blogs and books. I read as many stories as I can in the hopes that I’ll know what to do no matter what happens (crazy and impossible I know, but it makes me feel better).
Lindsey at theRhouse has a post about a failed adoption placement. I read the story and felt so sad for everyone involved- the adoptive parents and siblings, the birthmother, the birthfather and the child. Lindsey said it best when she wrote “There is pain and loss in all adoption. It can either divide us or unite us. My hope is that we will be able to show empathy to those around us who are hurting especially since we, as a community, are well acquainted to such emotions.” 
 Click over to theRhouse to read Wendi’s story. Thanks to both Wendi and Lindsey for sharing!

No comments: