Monday, August 1, 2011

It's August?!?

It is August 1st! The summer has gone so fast. I did okay on the things I wanted to get done in July. I did not clean out the closet or clean out the nightstand- but I did tidy them up and get rid of some things. (That definitely counts for something!) The fabric pumpkins, I didn’t even start. I need to get some stuffing (I thought I had some and it isn't where I thought) so I can do that project.
August will be a busy month with school starting again. Our Home study is up for renewal in October so we need to start thinking about that again. I don’t have a list of things to get done in August yet- but I will. It really helped to see that list and keep me thinking of what I wanted to get done.
The counted cross stitch project is coming along. I forgot how long it takes. It isn’t done yet but I plan to keep working and maybe it will be done by the end of August. Right now it looks like this:
See the O in JOY?

You can see the snowman's coat and head (on the right).

I still have the J and the Y to do and two more snowmen. The outlining is what will really make the project look great. Then I get to frame it. I had a great frame shop in Provo, Utah that I used and they did a great job.  I will have to find someone here. I can’t wait to see it done!
Of course the biggest thing we hope to have happen in August is to adopt or meet our birthmother. Maybe this is the month!

No comments: