Monday, April 2, 2012

B is for. . .

B, B what begins with b?



I have been thinking about things I like that begin with b, beach, bananas, birthfamilies, books, etc, etc, etc.



I think I will go with books. I LOVE to read. Spring Break starts on Friday and since the library is closed that day; I already got a stack of books.  (I have been having a hard time getting things done! I really, really want to dive into these books!)Three mysteries, two about saving money, one recommendation from Pinterest and one that just looked interesting because of the title. I have several favorite authors, John Grisham, David Baldacci, Rhys Bowen and JA Jance (and many more). I have a section on the side of my blog with titles of books I have read.

I have read several adoption books. I read one written by the biological child in a family that adopted several other children (My Family, A Symphony) His point of view was really interesting. I also read a book about adoption in China (Messages From an Unknown Chinese Mother)- it is a collection of stories from birthmothers. It was a very emotional read. I have checked at the library for other adoption themed books (not so much a how to but how different members of the triad feel) but there aren’t many at this library. I keep an eye on the new books.

Reading is very relaxing for me. It is also a great way to learn about the past, people’s lives and other countries. (It is also a great way to avoid cleaning the bathroom, which of course I NEVER do!)



What books do you like?

Check back tomorrow to find out what C is for. . .


4 comments:

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

A great B post, lost count of the B words.
I like to read self help books especially when life is on a downward slide.
We all get them but I try to help myself.

Have just posted C word as it is midnight here in the UK.

Yvonne.

grtlyblesd said...

Good luck with your adoption! We have 7 bio kids and an adopted daughter from China.

grtlyblesd.blogspot.com

Sherry Ellis said...

Wow, that's a lot of "B's!" I read a lot of parenting and kid books, because I write in those genres. Good luck with the adoption. That sounds very exciting!

Anonymous said...

A great topic for the letter B. Several other people have blogged about books for the letter B. I like to read books about writing. I like to write MG, Tween and YA, so I also try to read a lot of books in those age groups.

Susanne
PUTTING WORDS DOWN ON PAPER