Wednesday, April 4, 2012

D is for. . .

Big D, little d, What begins with D?



Lots of things! Daisy, dolls, determination, dogs, and Hostess Ding Dongs (YUM!!) just to start!



I thought about dogs-Jake and I don’t have a dog. He had dogs growing up and would like to get one now. We have considered a Boston terrier, a bichon frise and a Maltese.  I love pugs (love those faces) but the shedding!!!!



I was thinking about determination. It is easy (when times are easy) to keep going but when times are tough- that is when you find out what people are made of and how badly you want something.  Life takes determination- sometimes it is not giving up that makes you get to the finish line.
A river cuts through a rock, not because of its power but its persistence.


Adoption takes determination. Getting the paperwork done, meeting people, making everyone you know aware that you are hoping to adopt, finding new ways to get your name and profile out, all take determination. We have had people attempt to scam us. Our determination to be parents (however that opportunity comes) is what helps us shake off the disappointment.



Open adoption also takes determination. We hope to have a great relationship with the birth family. Having a good relationship takes good communication and patience and a genuine concern for others. We are determined to work with the birth family to have the best relationship possible. I think that is the best for the child.



Check back tomorrow to find out what begins with E. . .


3 comments:

Francene Stanley said...

An interesting slant on determination. I wish you every success. The quotes are wonderful. I especially like the one about watter cutting through rock.

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Wonderful to read, you have so much to offer a child.I have a cousin who was adopted and he had a wonderful life, Good luck

Yvonne.

jesstopper said...

I love the theme of your A to Z Challenge. Determination, indeed! I recently had a parent at my daughter's school tell me the wonderful story behind her open adoption of not one, but two children from the same family. The love bursting from both sides was so heartening to hear. Good luck!