Thursday, April 12, 2012

K is for. . .

K is for kitchen.



I didn’t enjoy cooking for a long time. When Jake and I first got married he worked second shift and he wasn’t home in the evening during the week. So dinner wasn’t a big deal. We cooked together on the weekend and went out a lot.

Once we moved to North Carolina Jake worked days and we were home together for dinner. So we started cooking. We cooked a lot together and since that went well I started to try more things on my own. We eat a lot of chicken- mostly grilled.

One of our favorite marinades is regular Italian dressing. It is cheap and easy!

Another is. . . 

Sticky Garlic Marinade

3 crushed garlic cloves

2 TBSP honey

4 TBSP ketchup

4 TBSP Worcestershire sauce

2 tsp Dijon mustard or spicy brown mustard

Salt and Pepper

Mix all ingredients together. Marinate 3 or 4 chicken breasts for 30 minutes or longer. Grill, sauté or bake.  We marinate in a gallon ziplock bag.

Recipe from thissweetcountrylife.blogspot.com



Enjoy!
I do enjoy baking more than cooking dinner. Cookies, cakes and pies are much more fun than regular dinner.



Check back tomorrow to find out L is for. . .

2 comments:

betty said...

Visiting from A/Z. That marinade looks interesting! At our house, hubby is the cook; he actually enjoys it, putting things together, knows spices, etc. I find the recipes and he cooks them :) Usually on Sundays we find something to cook that I can help prepare, like cut the veggies etc. It works well :)

Good luck with the rest of the challenge!

betty

T. Powell Coltrin said...

I think I'm a good cook, but I don't like to do it. But I like kitchens! :)

Teresa