Friday, April 13, 2012

L is for. . .

L is for Luck.

Today is Friday the Thirteenth a historically unlucky day. I have been thinking about luck all day. I hear all the time about hard work making luck (did you know Thomas Jefferson said that?)




But you also hear that shamrocks, horse shoes or a penny will bring good luck. There is hard work involved in luck. I am never going to be a famous heart surgeon because I am not working toward that goal.  But there is also being in the right place at the right time.

My take on luck is this- we are going to work hard and take advantage of opportunities we see and hope we will be in the right place at the right time for luck to find us!



Check back tomorrow when we find out what M is for. . .

2 comments:

betty said...

Interesting thoughts about luck; some seem to have both kinds of it; good and bad luck. I think a lot of times is just being at the right place at the right time or the wrong place at the wrong time; maybe luck and chance go together? All I know is I'm never lucky with winning things :)

betty

Cheryl said...

I Love Friday the 13th because I got roses a few years back on a Friday the 13th and I"ve loved it ever since. So I don't consider it unlucky at all. :-)