Friday, April 20, 2012

R is for. . .


R is for Radio.

radio from google images


I listen to the radio a lot. I always have it on in the car and usually in the house too.

from google images
In high school, I listened to Top 40 music.  Then in college I had a hard time finding a station I liked and had some friends who listened to country so I tried that. I listened to country music until we moved to North Carolina.


Unfortunately, I had a hard time finding a station I liked. Either the morning people were rude, or they talked too much and didn’t play enough music or the station went in and out as I rode to work.  Since music stations weren’t working out, I tried talk radio.

I have found a station that I like. It has a good mix of local and national news. I am able to keep up with what is going on locally and can look up more information if I need too.

from google images


What do you listen to on the radio?

Check back tomorrow to find out what S is for. . .


4 comments:

betty said...

It is hard sometimes to find a station that "works". Glad you found something that does. Honestly, the only time I listen to the radio is when we put it on when we are leaving to keep the dog company while we are gone. But growing up my mom always had the radio on throughout the day. I think I like quiet the other I get :)

betty

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

I was always listening to the radio as a child and as I got into my teenage years, I love music as you may a gathered if you have visited my blog.

Have a good week-end.
Yvonne.

Anonymous said...

I only listen to the radio in the car and since I don't drive it very often, I usually listen to whatever station my husband has it set to.

Arlee Bird said...

I'm signed up to follow your blog.

I've enjoyed radio since my adolescent years when I used to listen to the top 40 stations. Now mostly keep the radio tuned to talk stations, but if I'm in a music mood I'll mostly tune in to classical with a bit of occasional rock thrown in.


Lee
Places I Remember
Wrote By Rote
An A to Z Co-host blog